Ever wondered how we make our famous Avocado Smash?
Ingredients (serves two):
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice, plus more, to taste
- Large pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large slices rustic multigrain or gluten-free bread, toasted
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Handful of halved cherry tomatoes
- Handful of feta cheese, crumbled, to taste
- Seasonal microgreens, such as sunflower or amaranth sprouts, to taste
- Optional: 2 poached eggs (preferably free range and organic)
- Optional: 4 slices of fresh prosciutto
Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl. Add the lemon juice, lime juice, salt and black pepper. Smash with a large spoon, keeping the mixture quite chunky but incorporating all of the ingredients.
Scoop the avocado mixture on top of your toast (either multigrain, or HUSK Bakeshop Gluten Free), sprinkle with red pepper flakes and drizzle with olive oil. Top each slice with cherry tomatoes, feta and sprouts. Option to add one poached egg, and/or two slices of fresh prosciutto to the top!