“It’s just heartbreaking seeing my homeland in so much pain. All of our teammates feel compelled to help support families and animals impacted by this catastrophic disaster. Our entire company has been mobilized to raise funds and awareness in support of the Australian bushfire appeal, giving back to our first home.”
Nick Stone, Founder & CEO of Bluestone Lane, who grew up in the state of Victoria.
Our thoughts are with all our mates back home in Australia as they battle the most damaging forest fire season in Australia’s history. These fires have been devastating, destroying homes and sadly taking many lives as emergency services struggle to contain them. Currently the engulfed landmass is the equivalent to the size of Vermont and New Hampshire combined, with the loss of wildlife estimated well over 1/2 a billion animals.
To help raise funds we have planned the following events:
Wednesday 8th to Friday 10th January
Please visit us this week as all profits from our 48 Bluestone Lane locations will be donated to the Red Cross and their Australian Bushfire Emergency Relief Fund.
Sunday 26th January
Australian Bushfire Appeal Events will be held at the following locations with all proceeds from ticket sales and fundraising initiatives such as auctions and raffles being donated.
More information on purchasing tickets shortly.
For the whole month of January
We will be accepting donations instore or via our Mobile App by allowing our locals to add a donation to any order.
If you would like to make an additional donation at a location please let our team know before paying.
How else can you help?
If you cannot attend any of these events or donate through our app we urge you to invite friends and make them aware of the devastating impact these fires have had on Australia.
Or alternatively please support our Australian friends by donating directly to the below organizations that are keeping people and wildlife safe as they continue to battle challenging conditions.
- We have setup a fundraising page to help with the emergency relief and recovery efforts made possible by the Red Cross, click here.
- To help WIRES (Australian Wildlife Rescue Organization) with evacuating wildlife, donate to WIRES here.
- The Salvos assist with medium and long-term disaster relief for families and communities, support the Salvos clicking here.
- Donate to the Food Bank to help provide food to those in need by clicking here.
- To help the NSW Rural Fire Service, you can donate by clicking here
- To donate to the South Australian Country Fire Service, click here
We thank you for your support during this challenging time.