To Our Locals,
The health, safety, and wellbeing of our community is our top priority. We are closely monitoring reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), New York State Department of Health, and local health experts regarding the emergence of COVID-19, the novel coronavirus.
Today and every day, the cleanliness and hygiene of our stores, and the wellbeing of our team are of the utmost importance. At present, we remain open, and have taken immediate steps to enhance our cleaning protocols and operating procedures at our coffee shops & cafés. During this period, we are taking additional precautions which include:
- We have increased our existing paid wellness leave for all team members. All teammates have been instructed to stay home if they are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms. The health of our community comes first.
- Closing our condiment stations. We will now complete your entire order for you. All condiments including milk, sugar, lids, straws, and cutlery are available behind the counter on request.
- We are sanitizing and wrapping all cafe cutlery.
- Temporarily restricting the use of reusable mugs supplied by our locals.
- Enhanced cleaning & sterilization of spaces. Our teammates are regularly sanitizing all surfaces including door handles, restrooms, counter tops, and other surfaces multiple times throughout the day.
- Implementing latex gloves & hand washing every 20 minutes. Latex gloves will be worn at all workstations and are available for our locals as well. Our teams are instructed to wash hands regularly throughout the day and have scheduled intervals to proactively manage this.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are available for our team and for our locals.
- Contactless Order Ahead technology available at all stores to allow for complete beverage customization and social distancing.
- Introduced new delivery options through Postmates & Grubhub for non-contact delivery.
We appreciate everyone’s support in looking after one another and to keep positive and healthy.
Please follow the CDC and WHO guidelines to prevent the spread of the COVID-19, including
- Wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds before you eat or drink.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Maintain a balanced diet & sleep schedule.
We are all in this together, and Bluestone Lane is committed to staying open and supporting our community while we navigate this challenge. We wish you to stay positive, check-in with each other and to stay healthy.
From all of us at Bluestone Lane we thank you for being a local.
Founder & Chief Executive Officer